What Does the Spring Home Buying Trends Survey Show?
The 2016 Spring Home Buying Trends Survey takes the pulse and reports Buyer preferences and sentiments about the Real Estate market. Whether you’re thinking about buying or selling, here’s what’s trending in the current national mindset.
The National Association of Realtors in January through early March 2016, started taking sample responses from 900 U.S. households a month. An established survey research firm, TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence conducted the survey. The data was compiled for this report and a total of 2,781 household responses are represented. The infographic sums up some of the major findings.
HOME- Housing Opportunities and Marketing Experience Survey Highlights
- Seventy-five percent of people believe now is a good time to buy a home. Forty-four percent believe that strongly.
- Not surprisingly, with rapid home price acceleration, those who are currently renting or living with someone else, those who are under 34 years of age, and those who live in urban areas are less confident now is a good time to buy, however even among those groups the majority do feel now is a good time to buy a home.
- Four in five people who currently own a home, those over 65 years of age, those with incomes over $50,000 and those in the Midwest believe now is a good time to buy a home.
- More than one-third of buyers of all ages would prefer to live in a close-in suburb. For those who are 55 to 64, rural settings are also attractive.
- Younger respondents and those who are renters and live with someone else are more likely than others to consider buying in an urban area.
Call Finding Homes for You at 636-532-4200 if you would like to know more about the St. Louis Real Estate Market and the trends we are seeing now. We work for Buyers and are here to empower you with the analysis and tools to help you not only find, but also purchase your next home.