Rain, Rain, Rain – Should You See a Home for Sale on a Rainy Day?
You may not like walking around in the rain. But did you know a rainy day is one of the best times to see a home that’s for sale?
Homes can look great and enticing on a nice sunny day. However … this is St. Louis where the weather changes frequently and we can experience all four seasons in a week!
Watch the video below for a few tips about looking at homes on a rainy day:
What to Look for in a Home for Sale on a Rainy Day
Remember: It’s best to try to see a home in unfavorable conditions to get an idea of what kind of problems you, as a potential buyer, might face in the future might potentially face in the future.
Here’s a couple of things to look for:
- Leaks in the basement.
- Leaks in the roof. When you’re on the second floor look for water stains on the ceiling. (In fact it’s always good to look for water stains on the ceilings)
- Flooding, or excessive pooling of water in the yard.
- The amount of natural light inside of the home on a dark/overcast day.
Beat the Competition to Your Next Home
Last but not least: most people are not willing to get their feet wet and deal with rain.
So all you have to do is what most homebuyers are not willing to do. Grab your umbrella, turn off Netflix, and call Finding Homes for You at 636-532-4200 to set up an appointment to see that home!
- Who Is Responsible for Storm Damages when a Home is Under Contract?
- Savvy St Louis Homebuyers Learn the Value of a Survey
- The Supply of Homes for Sale in the St Louis Area
- St Louis Real Estate Trends by Zip Code
- Is That Home Still for Sale or Under Contract?