The Buddy System for St. Louis Home Buyers
If you’re one of the millions of people who have seen Toy Story you may remember the theme song “You’ve Got a Friend in Me.” Buzz and Woody were always looking out for each other and had each others backs throughout their adventures. They used the buddy system.
What Is the Buddy System?
Wikipedia defines “The buddy system”as a procedure in which two people, the “buddies”, operate together as a single unit so that they are able to monitor and help each other. In dangerous activities, where the buddies are often equals, the main benefit of the system is improved safety; each may be able to prevent the other becoming a casualty or rescue the other in a crisis. The less experienced buddy learns more quickly from close and frequent contact with the experienced buddy than when operating alone.
The New York Times Talks about the Buddy System for Home Buyers
The New York Times article stated: “In this do-it-yourself era of online real estate listings, it is easy to find out what is on the market, visit open houses and even research sales data to come up with a reasonable price to offer for a home.
So why should a buyer bother using an agent?
In a nutshell: to protect his or her interests in an expensive, often complex purchase …
The article went on to highlight the benefits of using your own “Buyer Broker” to help in the home purchase. “When you work with a buyer’s agent, their fiduciary responsibility is to you as a buyer,” said Walter Molony, a spokesman for the National Association of Realtors. Click here for entire article
The Times continued; ” A buyer who relies on the seller’s agent to handle both sides of the deal may not hear about problems with the apartment or the building, or have a real advocate during contract negotiations.”
Did you get that last part?
You may not have a real advocate during the contract negotiations?
The biggest purchase of your life and you end up wondering if your agent is really working for you?
Using a St. Louis Exclusive Buyer Agent as Your Buddy System
You want to buy a home. You don’t want a lot of hassle. You want to understand how things work, and you want someone to tell it like it is and protect your interests at all times. You don’t want to be sold something.
Who You Should Not Call and Why
- The agent on the For Sale sign is working for the Seller. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the seller first and typically you, the buyer, can finish in second place. Don’t call the agent on the sign.
- The traditional buyer agent who works for one of the big box franchise companies. They could help you, but a conflict can arise when the property you’re interested in is also listed by their company. See Video
Who Should You Call?
Call An Exclusive Buyer Agent to Minimize Your Risks and Avoid Potential Conflict of Interests
An Exclusive Buyer Agent works for a company that does not take listings. They only represent buyers. They never represent a Seller and … do not have a dog in the race! You are their only customer.
What Our Buddy System Will Do for You
Buying a home usually starts with browsing online for properties, visiting potential homes and it ends at the closing table.
There’s a lot of stuff that happens in the in between that we will take care of and “cover your back”.
Here’s a List of What We Will Do for You
- Make sure you do not overpay for your home
- Share our opinion on potential resale value
- Discuss current market conditions and pricing
- Provide you with a Comparable Marketing Analysis on the area you are interested in
- Conduct a property history report on your potential home
- Recommend a pricing opinion on your finalists
- Produce a bidding strategy
- Develop a negotiating strategy and how we will handle counter-offers and terms
- Navigate the building inspection and prepare your response
- Get everything prepared for your closing and attend closing with you
- Put you in touch with tried and proven local lenders (if needed)
- Tell you like it is at all times
Let Finding Homes for You help you get to where you want to go with less hassle and conflicts of interest.
Exclusive Buyer Agents working for you. Call us at 636-532-4200 to chat!
- Savvy St. Louis Home Buyers Learn the Value of a Survey
- House-Hunting in St. Louis? Don’t Fall for These Tricks
- 3 Reasons You Need a Property History Report
- HUD Highlights Exclusive Buyer Agent Concept